Monday, October 8, 2012

Ideas!

I've always wondered about new ways to play a game, and how such things would be done. One that has bugged me for a long while is Real-Time Strategy games with an optional First-Person Shooter implication.
I believe this would be an outstanding concept if adopted by the right companies. Some have tried slightly (Savage: Battle for Newearth, or something like that), but I haven't really seen anything matching my image.

I've always thought of a game like Command and Conquer mixed with Battlefield. Specifically, Command and Conquer: Generals combined with Battlefield 2. This would give players the strategic side of the game as well as the ability to completely immersify themselves into the battles.

Now I just wonder if there is a company strong enough to handle such a task...

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine had this exact idea! Combining RTS and FPS in a similar way. I think it would be pretty awesome to have some sort of commander role in an RTS view that could box-select the FPS players and send them to a position, which would put up a waypoint or something for them to go to.

    Basically letting the commander direct the battle without having actual control over the "units", or the other players playing in FPS mode. Would love to see something like that come to light.

    ReplyDelete